It took all the will power I had to not eat the entire raw mix out the bowl before baking! Soooooo good!
Chickpeas are one of my favourite alternatives to flour. They are gluten free, minimal flavour so don’t impact taste and they add to the nutritional content of foods such as our beloved cookie. Chickpeas are a good plant based source of protein and full of fibre for healthy bowels.
Super quick and easy with very few ingredients.
Top Tip: They pair extremely well dunked in a mug of Tiarni Tea 😉
1 can organic chickpeas – rinse and drain well (don’t want them to be too wet)
1/4 cup organic honey
1/4 cup nut butter (of choice)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup organic dark chocolate – broken into choc chip size if not already
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees
- Blend together all ingredients except chocolate to form batter
- Mix chocolate pieces in with batter
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto a lined baking tray and push down to flatten
- Bake for around 20-30 minutes – Until golden
- Let to cool