I recently saw the sugar filled version of these delicious cookies and realised how easy it would be to substitute the copious amounts of sugar and butter with a few simple ingredients. So I chucked 6 simple ingredients into the saucepan and come out with a winner! Word of warning though… they are a little more-ish! Try not to down the whole batch in one sitting! Haha!
1.5 cup melted coconut oil
1 tbsp almond meal
2 tbsps cacao powder
2 cups rolled oats (If oats aren’t your thing, any chopped up nut perhaps with some shredded coconut for thickness will work)
3 tsps organic honey
3 tbsp nut butter of choice (I used Mayvers peanut/protein butter which contains a mix of peanut, linseed, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed and quinoa – but any nut butter you choose will work)
- Add melted coconut, cacao powder and almond meal to a saucepan on low heat. Combine and bring to boil.
- Take saucepan off heat and add nut butter and honey – stir in well
- Add oats and stir in well – mixture should be holding together reasonably well
- Spoon out mixture into biscuit proportions onto a lined tray.
- Leave to set in the fridge