One to warm the bones in winter! As always, simple with minimal ingredients and really tasty. Can be served with brown rice or quinoa and topped with a dollop of yogurt.
1/2 a brown onion – chopped finely
2/3 cup red lentils – rinsed
1/2 a butternut pumpkin – chopped into small cubes
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ginger
2 cups vegetable stock
1 can diced tomatoes
A few handfuls of baby spinach
- Prep the pumpkin by chopping it into small cubes and rinse your lentils
- Drizzle olive oil on the base of a large soup pot and simmer your onion for 5 minutes until brown.
- Add in turmeric and stir with onion for a further 1 minute
- Add in your pumpkin and stir for 1 minute
- Add in vegetable stock, tomatoes, ginger and lentils – bring everything to the boil
- Once boiled, turn down to low heat and leave to simmer for around 25 minutes – until pumpkin is soft. Keep stirring so lentils don’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Before serving stir in a few handfuls of baby spinach
- Serve with brown rice of quinoa and dollop of natural greek or coconut yogurt.