How to get a big hit of greens in the cooler months? SOUP!! This soup is teamed with red lentils and quinoa so is nice and filling, easy to make and leaves you feeling fresh and energised!
- 1 broccoli
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger diced
- 2 cups of organic veggie stock
- 2-3 cups of water
- 50g red lentils
- 100g of quinoa
- 50g frozen green peas
- A handful of kale leaves
- Sprinkle of sale
- Cook quinoa in a saucepan, drain and set aside
- Place broccoli stalks, ginger, water, stock, red lentils, salt and pepper in a soup pot and bring to the boil. Boil for 15 mins until broccoli stalks are soft.
- Add in broccoli florets, peas and kale and bring to the boil, turn the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes until all ingredients are soft.
- Blitz the soup with a hand blender or run through a food processor to combine all ingredients.
- Stir through cooked quinoa.
- To serve, pour into a bowl and top with dukkah, parsley, salt and pepper.